Sunday, February 20, 2011

Upcoming Birthday

Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun (that is supposed to be ominous music)

My birthday is 1 week from today. I celebrated a close friend's birthday last night. Including her, I have 2 friends and 3 coworkers with February Birthdays. Every year I have 3-5 students with Feb birthdays. Everywhere people gather, there are many February Birthdays. As the shortest month, how is this possible??? What is so romatical in May that so many people have February birthdays? I am curious to know.

I have never really enjoyed my birthday. I love celebrating other's birthdays, surprising them and making them happy. But mine? Bah Humbug. I do not understand. Nowadays, it makes sense, my life's plans were derailed about a year ago and I still find myself picking up the pieces. This is not where I wanted to be at this age, but I have to make the best of it. So now a little gloominess about my upcoming day makes sense. But what about before?

I remember being in grade school ( hello Mr. Mansfield's class) and being gloomy after my birthday. As I got older I was gloomy on and after my birthday. Now- I am gloomy leading up to, on it and after it! Can I just skip the month of February?!?!?!

I dunno

No comments:

Post a Comment