Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lil Blue Boo / Dharma Trading Design Challenge Outfit

I LOOOOOOOVE www.lilblueboo.com, just ask my friends... I am always referencing Ashley's tutorials and such.

When I was in high school I was a sewing and craft maniac... I made many of my own clothes, made my own and my sister's prom dresses and more... then I went to college and I stilled sewed, mostly my halloween costumes... and then REAL LIFE happened.  I got a job (woo hoo), I got an apartment, I got engaged, I started grad school, I got un-engaged, I moved home, I still have a job, I am still in grad school... when am I to find the time to sew??????

I saw this Design Challenge and thought it was cool.  At the time, I did not have a blog.  With some convincing of a friend, I sewed and created a blog... and here it is...

That is my friend's daughter asking if she can have a french fry after her modeling appearance... or asking for her dad... lol.


Another friend decided, when this little girl was 6 months old, that Minnie Mouse was going to be her favorite.  WELL, I hate when she is (kinda) right.  The little girl only speaks of "Mickey", but that is close enough.

I fell in love with this flowered fabric and wanted to make a reverse applique shirt and Mickey's outline is easy and recognizable... so I jumped in.  I always have to buy items in outfits for kids... so I quickly made some crops and reverse appliqued them as well.  I may begin reverse appliqueing everything!  Its so much fun and I love how it looks.

When I showed her the outfit, she said Mickey!  We then tried to get her picture... what a circus!  So there is my outfit for the Little Blue Boo/ Dharma Trading Design Challenge!
Hanging on my parent's front gate


outfit without cute baby model

trying to get the applique on the pants while a cat looks on... get outta the picture!

Top detailing... I LOVE THIS TOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment