Monday, February 28, 2011

Upcycled Top for a little girl

My god daughter's school is having a Dr. Seuss themed week.  I am so excited because he is one of my favs.  Each day has a different theme for dressing up.  Today was Red and White day, because those are The Cat in the Hat colors.  I was in Walmart a week ago and saw this shirt

It was a women's size large tube top... BUT it is RED and WHITE and STRIPED... perfect!!!!

I took it in from the back, because it was easier and faster.  I used the extra fabric to make straps and a matching hair accessory.  It turned out to be a very cute tunic top for her.  She wore it over red yoga pants and a white long sleeve tee (cold here!).  It was so cute!  I then put some Seuss Character stickers on some buttons and pinned them on for more Seussical flair.  I was more excited than she was!

It needs to be rotated counter clockwise, darn.

So excited!  I hope she had fun in school.

I got some pics from her mom!

We added some Dr. Seuss pins at the last minute and she had to wear it over a long tee because it was early March here in New England... Brrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment