Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lil Blue Boo / Dharma Trading Design Challenge... LOVE this Tunic Top

Do you remember this wicked cute picture from my previous post?
And I asked if you liked DiDi's shirt?  (DiDi is what the little on calls her big sister)


I am absolutely in LOVE with this shirt!!!!!!!!! and this picture of DiDi

Rock it Girl Friend!!!
I did not make the pants... she has three pairs of black leggings and they were perfect for this top.
Didi is very much into the punk rocker fashions, which make her mother M roll her eyes.  I think some are pretty cute and some are weird.  So this was my attempt to make a happy medium for Didi and M.  I just hope her dad will not hate me for making her a halter top!

requisite front gate pic... my neighbors must think I am nuts

the top laid out

details


This top uses embellishments in the forms of appliques and rhinestones!  Which Didi is so excited about.

I could not be more please about how this top turned out!  When I used to make my clothes without patterns, I would just hold the fabric up to myself and cut and sew and hold it up again.  It is more difficult with the kids clothes because I have to drive 15 minutes to reach the kids and they are not always available when I am creating (mainly because I am a night owl).

I am so excited to be entering it into the Lil Blue Boo / Dharma Trading Design Challenge over at www.lilblueboo.com!


It is really amusing to me that either cat did not get into these pictures.  Pandora was getting in the way of the whole photo shoot and Chaos kept knocking this shirt down to nap on!

No comments:

Post a Comment